While leaks from the federal investigation of police officer Darren Wilson’s shooting of Mike Brown in Ferguson, Missouri, August 9 …
While leaks from the federal investigation of police officer Darren Wilson’s shooting of Mike Brown in Ferguson, Missouri, August 9 are starting to appear, concerned citizens in Ferguson and beyond have a plethora of unanswered questions they’d love ask to Wilson—not only about his mindset, but his actions the day Brown was killed. To begin, here are 15 questions:
1. When your SUV pulled up alongside Mike Brown and Dorian Johnson as they were walking along Canfield Drive, did you tell them to "get the fuck on the sidewalk?"
2. When you pulled away from Brown and Johnson on Canfield Drive, why exactly did you decide to put your SUV in reverse to confront them again? Your chief says you did not know about the earlier convenience store incident where it is alleged Mike Brown stole some cigars. Was it to express your anger that they didn’t obey your earlier command to “get the fuck on the sidewalk?”
3. Four eyewitnesses report seeing and hearing your tires screech as you violently put your SUV in reverse on Canfield Drive, nearly hitting Brown and Johnson. Why did you reverse in such a reckless and provocative manner?
4. When you arrived back at where Brown and Johnson stood, if you did not know about the store incident, why exactly did you open your door to confront them? Did you intend to arrest them for jaywalking?
5. Precisely how far away was your door from Brown and Johnson when you flung it open?
6. Did you believe Brown or Johnson were armed at any point during your confrontation?
7. Reports have surfaced that you told federal investigators that you were repeatedly punched and scratched by Brown through your SUV window. Why did you not see the medic who arrived on the crime scene? Why do no photos or videos or eyewitness reports from the scene have evidence of even a shadow of an injury, or you touching or favoring any injury?
8. It’s been reported that you claim that Brown “went for, or lunged for,” your gun. Was this when the gun was within inches of his face before you fired two shots at him through your window and hit him with one?
9. After you shot Brown through your window, he fled over 100 feet away from your SUV. Did you still feel threatened while you chased him down Canfield Drive with your gun drawn and firing, according to witnesses, at least six shots?
10. Six eyewitnesses saw you fire multiple shots at the back of Brown while he fled down Canfield Drive. Was it your intention to arrest or kill him with those shots?
11. When you fired your eighth shot of the day, four eyewitnesses said they saw Brown’s body jerk before he turned around to surrender to you. Did you believe you hit him again, for the second time, with your eighth shot?
12. Six eyewitnesses say that they saw Brown turn around and physically and verbally surrender to you. How did you interpret those actions?
13. Before you fired the two fatal shots into Brown’s eye and the crown of his head, as he was falling down, you had shot him a total of four times already. Did you still believe him to be a threat to you at that point?
14. No record exists of you ever radioing in for backup or support at any time. Did you use your cell phone to call for backup? Who else did you call and why?
15. Who first told you not to create a report after you shot and killed Brown, and what reason did they give you for such a request?
So, I’ve been thinking about it and I’m coming around to the idea that I might be less uncomfortable with the fact that Ryan wore a skirt on our last date than the circumstances under which it came to happen. Like we’d talked a lot about hobbies and activism and likes and what have you and the fact that he liked to wear skirts never came up and when he showed up and said nothing about it it felt like a test. It felt like he was testing me to see if I’d have an adverse reaction to it, to see if my feminist ideals matched up with my practice, and that’s childish and shitty.
Like, I’ve got a really weird thing about me which is the fact that I’m 25 and I have no experience being intimate or physical with other people. And I talked to him about that before becoming intimate was a thing we were going to face. Like, after he went to give me a polite goodbye kiss that ended up being kind of awkward, I put it out there (privately, over text message, not super publicly) that I don’t have any experience in that department, and I know it’s weird/non-normative. Because I thought that was important to address before it became a thing. And then I followed up with a text the next day to say hey, thanks for being cool, I really appreciate your not freaking out about this weird thing about me.
But with this, there was no indication beforehand that this was a not “normal” thing that he did, and he sprung it on me very publicly and without much of any acknowledgement on his end that it was something I might have questions about or want to talk about or that I might be surprised about it and it just felt so much like my reaction was being watched. Which is shitty. And there’s been no acknowledgement of it after the fact. idk, this is just a weird situation for me to be dealing with and I still don’t know exactly how I feel about it I just know I wish it would have been addressed a lot differently than him just showing up in a skirt. That feels like it’s a conversation worth having before the doing of it.
idk I also feel like I’m being shitty about it in not just rolling with it but it was surprising and I can’t help that I was surprised and yeah.
I like him, this is just a really odd thing to be dealing with this early on and with my minimal experience and with both of us being as awkward as we apparently arepersonal dating
Deleting a ton of movies from my computer because I cannot handle how slowly it’s been running recently. Hopefully freeing up the space will fix that. Also thank god for my 1TB external. It’s my best friend.personal
Two MSU basketball players raped a woman in the dorms then one admitted to it. Their only consequence was that they had to move out of the dorms. This picture is of me and one other woman holding up this banner during Midnight Madness. Two other brave souls had a banner on the other side for a while before some jerk started playing tug or war with them over it. This was taken before we got booed at by 10,000 people and police escorted from the stadium.
How screwed up are people to boo at this?
Let’s keep reposting this. Rapists should be charged.
how is sport more important than the lives of women?
like honestly baffling
The difference between learning a modern language and an ancient language is that in first year French you learn “Where is the bathroom?” and “How do I get to the train station?” and in first year Attic Greek or Latin you learn “I have judged you worthy of death” and “The tyrant had everyone in the city killed.”
Ah yes. The Iliad featuring such highbrow insults as “dogface”, “sack of wine”, and “commander of trash”.
I’ve come to use these insults in regular conversation.
(via thegirlwithgoldeyes)sack of wine is still my fave from when Brad Pitt says it in Troy