Ugh today has been a complete loss and also I feel really gross and disgusting and awful and very much like I’m unloveable which is a significant bummer and I just want to cry for a long time. Maybe it’ll burn some calories and I’ll stop being such a gross disgusting unattractive blob
Society often blurs the lines between drag queens and trans women. This is highly problematic, because many people believe that, like drag queens, trans women go home, take off their wigs and chest plates, and walk around as men. Trans womanhood is not a performance or costume.
the boy i’ve liked for forever and ever and ever doesnt talk to his dad any more, but his dad is still my facebook friend and he comments on my stuff a lot and he’s got some stupid fucking views on things and like I don’t want to be disrespectful but at the same time I literally can’t just sit there and not respond to his idiotic bullshit that’s almost always policing women’s actions. he considers himself really liberal and all for equality and stuff but he always has nonsense to say about things I and other people post about women’s rights and like “well of course I don’t support x, but I am concerned with women’s tendencies to wear more and more revealing clothes - it’s like they don’t respect themselves any more!” or “I can’t understand why men would treat women so terribly on the internet, but aren’t these reactions wrong because x, y, and z?” like he can never just accept what we women have to say about these things and it’s so frustrating and ugh, over itthe boy
- if we actually say it hurts, that means it REALLY HURTS
- if we dont say it hurts, it probably still hurts
- if we spoke up every time we were uncomfortable/in pain we would be yelling constantly
- never ask if we’re “still sick”
- never act surprised that we’re “still sick”
- we’re probably gonna be still sick forever so please just be supportive and remember that we’re in pain all the fucking time and thats why we’re slow and forget stuff and flake out on you
Why feeding water birds bread is harmful:
- Duckling Malnutrition: In an area where ducks are regularly fed bread, ducklings will not receive adequate nutrition for proper growth and development. Furthermore, because ducks will naturally seek out an easy food source such as human handouts, ducklings will not learn to forage for natural foods as easily.
- Overcrowding: Where an easy food source is abundant, ducks and other waterfowl will lay more eggs and the pond or lake will become overcrowded. This makes it more difficult for the birds to seek out healthier food sources and increases the likelihood of territorial aggression.
- Pollution: When too much bread is offered to ducks, not all of it will be eaten. The soggy, uneaten bread is unsightly and rotting bread can create noxious odors as well as lead to greater algae growth that can clog natural waterways. This concentrates the pollution and can eventually eradicate fish and other life in the vicinity.
- Diseases: Feeding ducks bread can increase the spread of diseases in two ways. First, a carbohydrate-rich diet leads to greater defecation, and bird feces easily harbor bacteria responsible for numerous diseases, including avian botulism. Second, moldy bread can cause aspergillosis, a fatal lung infection that can decimate entire duck and waterfowl flocks.
- Pest Attraction: Rotting supplies of food leftover from sated ducks will attract other unwelcome pests such as rats, mice and insects. These pests can also harbor additional diseases that can be dangerous to humans.
- Loss of Natural Behaviour: When birds become accustomed to handouts, they lose their natural fear of humans and may become aggressive in order to get more food. Their loss of fear can also cause other dangers, such as a willingness to cross busy roads in order to reach picnickers and other likely sources of food.
Good Foods to Feed Ducks:
The best foods for ducks are those that provide the nutrients, minerals and vitamins the birds need for healthy growth and development. Many of these foods are similar to the natural seeds, grains and plants the birds will forage on their own. As omnivorous birds, ducks will eat a great deal of different foods, and the best foods to offer ducks include:
- Cracked corn
- Wheat, barley or similar grains
- Oats (uncooked; rolled or quick)
- Rice (cooked or uncooked)
- Birdseed (any type or mix)
- Grapes (cut in half)
- Frozen peas or corn (defrosted, no need to cook)
- Mealworms (fresh or dried)
- Chopped lettuce or other greens or salad mixes
- Vegetable trimmings or peels (chopped)
- Duck feed pellets or poultry starter pellets (x)
Every year I will reblog some kind of reminder of this! Please don’t feed waterfowl bread.
i feel so fucking sick what is going on in my stomach i am so mad I could not afford to lose all the time i’ve lost today fuck everything
whenever i see these post-apocalyptic films set in the USA where everyone is pretty much just killing each other with no mention of other nations i always just assume that the rest of the world is fine and has learnt how to resume life as normal
i want to create a tv show about a group of friends where they’re all queer except the one token cishet friend who’s only there to say stereotypical “straight” things for laughs like “macklemore got me into rap” and “my mom and i got into a fight because she wouldn’t buy me a fourth obey snapback”
Or we could just stop stereotyping people.